When you are finished posing in the Bluebonnet fields and you have shopped till you dropped, here are the “5 Spring Must Dos in Fayette County, Texas. “
5. Go Back In Time Forget about large, loud theaters. Come watch a movie at the Lyric Theater, grand reopening on Friday, April 7th, 8 PM. “Second Hand Lions, rated PG, the first showing since 1967 in this restored, historic Flatonia theater. Tickets are 35 cents (yes, 35 CENTS) on the first night, $6.00 after the 7th.
4. Celebrate the Colorful Czech-Texan Heritage Slavnost Mayfest, at the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center, La Grange, a tribute to the Immigrants of 1906-1910 Ceremony, on Sunday, May 21st, beginning at 10:30 AM. Discover the story of early Czech-Texans at the beautiful Village and Museum. Eat, drink and feel that Polka beat, dancing to the Jodie Mikula Orchestra.
3. Experience a Cajun Crawfish Feast Flatonia Crawfest, Saturday, April 22, 6 PM. Delicious crawfish with all the sides, beer, wine, and a live auction. Dinner entertainment by Abigail Taylor and country dancing to the music of Texas Dream Band. Bring on your Joie de Vivre and Bon Appetite!
2. Be Serenaded by Award Winning Songwriters Songwriter Serenade Competition, 15 songwriters will be invited to showcase their original songs and compete for prize money at Moravia Performance Hall in Moravia, Texas, on Saturday, May 6, starting at 11 AM. The lucky and talented winner will be showcased at The Bugle Boy, our favorite Listening Room concert hall in La Grange, at 8 PM that night.
1. Serenity and Elegance at a Concert Hall Opening Chamber Music Concert, June 10, 3:30 PM, at Round Top Festival Concert Hall. Sit back, and relax as you listen to music by Beethoven, Saint-Saens and Onslow. The Concert Hall is magnificent and the perfect venue for a chamber concert. It will be a “WOW” moment for sure.